Dear speakers, it´s very pleasant to inform that for the CONAMET-SAM 2019 congress a selection of the best works will be made to be included in an special edition Matería Magazine (Rio J.), scientific publication indexed in:
- DOAJ Directory of Open Access Journals
- Web of Science
Abstracts submission deadline:
Until April 31, 2019
Until May 30, 2019
Manuscript submission deadline:
June 30, 2019
Start of the accreditations and inauguration:
Sunday, November 3
Start of sessions:
Monday, November 4
Closing of the Congress with a camaraderie lunch:
Thursday, November 7
1. Extractive metallurgy
2. Casting, solidification and welding
3. Powder metallurgy
4. Physical metallurgy, thermal treatments and phase transformations
5. Degradation of materials, corrosion and protection methods
6. Thin films and surfaces
7. Mechanical properties
8. Tribology and attrition
9. Ceramic, refractory and vitreous materials
10. Construction materials
11. Polymeric materials
12. Sustainable materials
14. Composite materials
15. Nuclear materials and effects of radiation on materials
16. Nanostructured materials
17. Materials for energy applications
18. Semiconductor, superconducting, magnetic, ionic and other materials
19. Material characterization techniques
20. Computational simulation of materials
21. Materials in antiquity and Education in Materials Science
22. Fracture and Fatigue V Colloquium
We are pleased to invite you to the next version of the International Congress of Metallurgy and Materials (CONAMET-SAM 2019) that will take place in the city of Valdivia, Chile, from Sunday 3 to Thursday, November 7, 2019.
The meeting will be held at the Faculty of Engineering Sciences of the Universidad Austral de Chile. www.ingenieria.uach.cl
The CONAMET-SAM and SAM-CONAMET congresses have positioned themselves among the largest Ibero-American meetings on research, applications and materials technology.
These congresses bring together professors and professionals from the metallurgy and the area of sciences and Materials Engineering and have among other objectives the promotion of scientific and technological innovation; improve human resources in the area; contribute to the exchange of information between the industrial, academic, educational and engineering sectors; disseminate knowledge, being also a meeting place between universities, research centers and public-private entities.
This is the nineteenth version of the joint congress between the Chilean Society of Metallurgy and Materials and the Argentine Association of Materials.
Given the success of the latest version held in Bariloche, Argentina, this time the presentation of around 700 works and the attendance of more than 500 people from different countries of the world is expected.